Search: allen c. cohen
Published: SEP 24, 2015
With an increased emphasis on the global industry of textiles, the best-selling Fabric Science, 11th Edition provides the most comprehensive and current introduction to textiles—from fibers through finished fabrics. This edition has been fully updated to reflect the current industry and applications to fashion, home goods, interior design and related industries.
- Hardcover binder with loose-leaf, full color sheets allows user to customize their book
- Coverage of fiber characteristics, yarns, woven and knit fabrics, dyeing, printing, and various finishes
- Discussions on environmental concerns, care and renovation, fabric innovations, quality issues, and global laws that regulate textiles
- Attention to textiles for interiors and how to select fabric for the desired end use in apparel, interior furnishings and industrial products
- The vocabulary of textiles in chapter glossaries and a list of fiber names in seven languages
The companion Fabric Science Swatch Kit, 11th Edition (ISBN 9781628926576), includes 114 fabric swatches that align with this text and give students hands-on experience with textile fibers, yarns, fabrications, dyes, prints, and finishes-providing a complete package for understanding textiles.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Updates include fiber innovations, high performance fabrics, smart textiles, nanotechnology, recent developments in wet processing and textile technology, global sourcing options, and sustainability
- New Business of Textiles feature focuses on applications with topics such as the novelty yarns used in Chanel suits, current wearable apparel technology, and new green dry cleaning methods
- More than 250 color photos and illustrations and 20% new photographs
- Renamed and expanded Chapter 13 Performance, Technical, and Smart Textiles
- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
- Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions
- Watch videos that bring chapter topics and concepts to life
- Instructor’s Guide with teaching suggestions, activities, lecture notes, and a guide to Swatch Kit assignments.
- Test Bank with over 600 multiple choice, short answer, and true or false questions.
- PowerPoint presentations include full-color images from the book and provide a framework for lecture and discussion.
This bundle includes J.J. Pizzuto's Fabric Science and J.J. Pizzuto's Fabric Science STUDIO Access Card.
|Hardback + Studio||9781501395369|
|eBook + Studio||9781501395994|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Published: SEP 24, 2015
J.J. Pizzuto's Fabric Science Swatch Kit, 11th Edition reinforces the study of textiles for students in fashion design, merchandising, interior design, product development and home furnishings. The kit contains 114 (2"x 3") fabric samples, a fabric key, 40 special assignments, heavy-weight sample sheets to mount and analyze fabrics, and a pick glass - all contained in a three-ring binder. The swatches are organized in the order in which they are covered in the text: fibers, yarns, weaves, knits, dyeing, printing and finishes. Swatches represent the types of fabrics currently available to fashion and interior designers in the field, making this resource an excellent addition to any professional library.
~The text contains instructions and a new video tutorial that takes students through the process of assembling their swatch kit and using a pick glass.
~A Fabric Key identifies the swatches by number and fabric name, description and fiber content.
~Assignments are designed to reinforce the text and classroom lectures and have been developed by FIT instructors to broaden student's understanding of key concepts in textiles through hands-on labs and problem solving activities.
~Students will successfully develop keen observation, analysis and report writing skills.
~Fabric Science Swatch Kit is an ideal companion to Fabric Science, 11th Edition (ISBN 9781501395369) or can also be used alone or in conjunction with any textiles textbook.
New to this Edition
~New STUDIO includes a new video tutorial explaining how to assemble the Swatch Kit and use a pick glass, plus 8 newly commissioned videos demonstrating select textile lab assignments
~New smart textiles, performance fabrics, knits, and sustainable swatches added to the kit
~Instructor's Resources now include a new Fabric Sample Answer Sheet with filled-in fabric pages for easy grading
Fabric Science Swatch Kit STUDIO Resources
~Review concepts with fabric flashcards including 10x magnified views of all swatches and fabric details
~Watch videos with a step-by-step demonstration for how to compile the swatch kit and use the pick glass
~Access a Fabric Swatch Quick Guide featuring front images of each swatch, the fabric name and number to easily confirm that fabrics are mounted correctly
~ Instructor's Swatch Set including 7" x 12" samples of each fabric (ISBN 9781501313677)
~ Instructor's Guide
~ Fabric Sample Answer Sheet PDF with filled-in fabric pages for easy grading
~ PowerPoint Presentations including front, back and 10x magnified views of each fabric swatch
This bundle includes J.J. Pizzuto's Fabric Science Swatch Kit and J.J. Pizzuto's Fabric Science Swatch Kit STUDIO Access Card.
|Loose Leaf + Studio||9781501316517|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|