Search: julie cole
Published: FEB 11, 2016
With hundreds of step-by-step illustrated instructions and a user-friendly, stay-flat format, Patternmaking with Stretch Knit Fabrics provides emerging fashion designers with comprehensive information on how to draft patterns for popular cut-and-sew stretch knit fabrics such as jersey and knits with spandex. After covering the
basics of knits and techniques for gauging stretch capacity, Julie Cole introduces a unique, simplified approach to drafting slopers using hip and top foundations. She then provides information on converting, drafting, grading, and reducing patterns for proper fit in four categories of stretch. The book proceeds to drafting slopers and patterns for tops, dresses, jackets, sweaters, cardigans, skirts, pants, lingerie, swimwear, and activewear.
Patternmaking with Stretch Knit Fabrics is ideal for students with basic or intermediate design, patternmaking, and sewing skills for any course in which students design and draft patterns for knits; or courses that incorporate both knits and woven fabrics.
- Accurate and simplified system for patternmaking with stretch knit fabrics with easier to follow approach than other books
Each chapter includes
- Key terms
- Highly-illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Three types of boxes: ‘Important,’ ‘Pattern Tip,’ and ‘Stitching Tip’
- End of chapter features ‘Knit it Together’ checklist, ‘Stop! What Do I Do If...’ troubleshooting tips, and ‘Self Critique’ review
- More than 900 technical drawings with color accents and 100 photographs of sewn samples on the dress form
Patternmaking with Stretch Knit Fabric STUDIO
- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
- Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions
- Access downloadable files for half-size top and hip foundations, and slopers found in the book
- Instructor’s Guide and Test Bank includes sample syllabi, suggested projects, test questions, and evaluation guides
This bundle includes Patternmaking with Stretch Knit Fabrics and Patternmaking with Stretch Knit Fabrics STUDIO Access Card.
|Hardback + Studio||9781501318245|
|eBook + Studio||9781501318238|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Published: JUN 05, 2014
This companion workbook consists of project instructions and card stock worksheets in a 3-hole binder for convenient storage. Using these resources, students can store sewn sample garment details and record design information for design projects. The instructions for each project list the supplies and tasks needed to prepare the samples, plus clear cross references to sewing techniques in the textbook, Professional Sewing Techniques for Designers, 2nd Edition, and the supplementary half-scales patterns available to complete projects.
Sample and Sewing worksheets are made of card stock for durable sample mounting and include space to attach sample and label sewing techniques, fabric type, fiber content, lining type, interfacing type, stitching order, stitch length, and notes on where to use the stitching technique on a garment and stitching mistakes. As students use the workbook to practice the sewing techniques, it becomes an ongoing resource and part of the design student's fashion library.
Published: JUN 05, 2014
It is impossible to have good designs without having accurate quality construction skills. Professional Sewing Techniques for Designers is an up-to-date sewing guide that teaches fashion design students the skills they will need to execute their original designs in a professional environment. Each chapter covers a particular theme, such as collars, and reflects the order of assembly of any garment. More than 1,000 detailed and annotated sketches provide visual support to the techniques covered.
New to this Edition:
New Chapter 5 "Stitching Knits: Working with Stretch" and Chapter 7 "Fitting: Developing an 'Eye' for Good Fit"
New chapter order reflects the stitching order of garments