Search: paula j. myers-mcdevitt
Published: JUL 28, 2016
With the continuing growth of private label brands, the demand for skilled technical designers has never been greater. The 3rd Edition of Complete Guide to Size Specification and Technical Design equips students with everything they need to know about measuring sample garments, creating fully graded spec sheets, fitting garments and grading patterns for production. Over 500 technical flats are clearly labeled with measurement points and instructions for taking measurements. A new chapter on children’s wear expands upon the already comprehensive coverage of knit and woven womenswear and menswear. The new edition includes more coverage of PLM/PDM and computer-aided technical design, model measuring, graded pattern nests and more.
New to this Edition
· New section on computer-aided technical design including coverage of PLM/PDM software such as Gerber, Lectra, and Optitex
· New chapter on childrenswear with points of measure (POM) and grading information
· Added instructions on measuring the human body
· Expanded information on fitting and grading
· Updated appendices with new fashion flats and body figure croquis and a metric conversion chart
Complete Guide to Size Specification and Technical Design STUDIO--an online tool for more effective study!
· Watch videos that bring chapter concepts to life
· Download templates, blank and sample spec sheets, basic garment and figure croquis to practice technical design skills
· Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
· Review concepts with flashcards of essential vocabulary
· Access useful resources like a Care Labeling Guide, Ordering a Dress Form Guide and a Buttonline Card
· Instructor's Guide provides suggestions for planning the course and using the text in the classroom
· Learning with STUDIO Student Registration Guide and a First Day of Class PowerPoint presentation
This bundle includes Complete Guide to Size Specification and Technical Design, 3rd Edition and Complete Guide to Size Specification and Technical Design STUDIO Access Card.
|Paperback + Studio||9781501313097|
|eBook + Studio||9781501313080|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Published: AUG 23, 2010
In today’s global apparel industry, garments that are designed domestically are often manufactured overseas. The technical package, a series of forms that define a garment’s specifications, is critical to ensuring that a particular style is executed correctly and in the most cost- and time-efficient manner possible. Apparel Production Management and the Technical Package presents the basics of production management and provides clear instructions for creating each component of a production package.