Search: sharon czachor
Published: FEB 11, 2016
With over 500 step-by-step color photos and instructions in a user-friendly format, Sewing with Knits and Stretch Fabrics is a professional guide to sewing with common knits and stretch fabrics such as jersey and spandex. Czachor explains the basics of working with knit fabrics and stretch woven fabrics, and how the stretch ratio impacts the design. The book covers industry methods for knit garment construction, including coverage of collars, facings, closures, bands and hems, waistline finishes, and pockets within respective chapters on t-shirts, tops and sweaters, dresses, skirts and pants, jackets, activewear, swimwear, and lingerie. The final chapter covers specialty techniques such as finishing details, embellishments, felting, and fabric manipulation.
Sewing with Knits and Stretch Fabrics provides all the tools to professionally complete the garments and advance the designer’s skill and understanding of the unique properties of knits and stretch wovens.
- Covers industrial and home sewing machines, overlock machines, and coverstitch machines, plus supplies, needles and threads used to construct knit garments
- Learning objectives, Sewing Tip and Important boxes, key terms, sample exercises at different levels of complexity, review questions, and designer profiles in each chapter
- Includes a Fabric Form template and Sample Checklist to help readers develop their own resource book of sample techniques, swatches of knit, stretch, and stretch woven fabrics
Introducing Sewing with Knits and Stretch Fabrics STUDIO--an online tool for more effective study!
- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
- Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions
- Access downloadable files for the patterns used to create the sewing samples throughout the text, the Fabric Form template, and the Sample Checklist
This bundle includes Sewing with Knits and Stretch Fabrics and Sewing with Knits and Stretch Fabrics STUDIO Access Card.
|Paperback + Studio||9781501316494|
|eBook + Studio||9781501316487|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Published: JUN 05, 2014
It is impossible to have good designs without having accurate quality construction skills. Professional Sewing Techniques for Designers is an up-to-date sewing guide that teaches fashion design students the skills they will need to execute their original designs in a professional environment. Each chapter covers a particular theme, such as collars, and reflects the order of assembly of any garment. More than 1,000 detailed and annotated sketches provide visual support to the techniques covered.
New to this Edition:
New Chapter 5 "Stitching Knits: Working with Stretch" and Chapter 7 "Fitting: Developing an 'Eye' for Good Fit"
New chapter order reflects the stitching order of garments
Published: JUN 05, 2014
This companion workbook consists of project instructions and card stock worksheets in a 3-hole binder for convenient storage. Using these resources, students can store sewn sample garment details and record design information for design projects. The instructions for each project list the supplies and tasks needed to prepare the samples, plus clear cross references to sewing techniques in the textbook, Professional Sewing Techniques for Designers, 2nd Edition, and the supplementary half-scales patterns available to complete projects.
Sample and Sewing worksheets are made of card stock for durable sample mounting and include space to attach sample and label sewing techniques, fabric type, fiber content, lining type, interfacing type, stitching order, stitch length, and notes on where to use the stitching technique on a garment and stitching mistakes. As students use the workbook to practice the sewing techniques, it becomes an ongoing resource and part of the design student's fashion library.