COMPLETE GUIDE TO SIZE SPECIFICATION AND TECHNICAL DESIGN
- JUL 28, 2016
|Paperback + Studio||9781501313097|
|eBook + Studio||9781501313080|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Please note that exam/inspection copies and instructor resources are only available to instructors and faculty staff at recognized institutions.
What's in the book
With the continuing growth of private label brands, the demand for skilled technical designers has never been greater. The 3rd Edition of Complete Guide to Size Specification and Technical Design equips students with everything they need to know about measuring sample garments, creating fully graded spec sheets, fitting garments and grading patterns for production. Over 500 technical flats are clearly labeled with measurement points and instructions for taking measurements. A new chapter on children’s wear expands upon the already comprehensive coverage of knit and woven womenswear and menswear. The new edition includes more coverage of PLM/PDM and computer-aided technical design, model measuring, graded pattern nests and more.
New to this Edition
· New section on computer-aided technical design including coverage of PLM/PDM software such as Gerber, Lectra, and Optitex
· New chapter on childrenswear with points of measure (POM) and grading information
· Added instructions on measuring the human body
· Expanded information on fitting and grading
· Updated appendices with new fashion flats and body figure croquis and a metric conversion chart
Complete Guide to Size Specification and Technical Design STUDIO--an online tool for more effective study!
· Watch videos that bring chapter concepts to life
· Download templates, blank and sample spec sheets, basic garment and figure croquis to practice technical design skills
· Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
· Review concepts with flashcards of essential vocabulary
· Access useful resources like a Care Labeling Guide, Ordering a Dress Form Guide and a Buttonline Card
· Instructor's Guide provides suggestions for planning the course and using the text in the classroom
· Learning with STUDIO Student Registration Guide and a First Day of Class PowerPoint presentation
PLEASE NOTE: Purchasing or renting this ISBN does not include access to the STUDIO resources that accompany this text. To receive free access to the STUDIO content with new copies of this book, please refer to the book + STUDIO access card bundle ISBN 9781501313097.
Table of Contents
PART I—GETTING STARTED
1. Introduction to Size Specification and Technical Design
2. Tools of the Trade
3. Basic Measurement Points
PART II—WORKING WITH KNITS
8.Knit Jumpsuits and One-Piece Garments
PART III—WORKING WITH WOVENS
9. Woven Tops
10. Woven Skirts
11. Woven Pants
12. Woven Dresses
13. Woven Jumpsuits and One-Piece Garments
14. Blazers and Unconstructed Jackets
PART IV—CHILDREN'S WEAR AND MENSWEAR
16. Children's Wear Garments
17. Menswear Garments
PART V—FITTING AND GRADING
18. Achieving the Perfect Fit
Appendix A: Basic Garment Croquis
About The AuthorsPaula J. Myers-McDevitt has been a production manager, technical design manager and instructor at Cheney University, Immaculata University of Pennsylvania, and Harcum College, US.
- Page count:
- Fairchild Books
- 9 x 12 "
- 650 2-color illus