Please note that exam/inspection copies and instructor resources are only available to instructors and faculty staff at recognized institutions.
What's in the book
Emphasizing the apparel and beauty industries, Retailing in Emerging Markets, 2nd Edition provides an in-depth study of the retail landscape within Brazil, China, India, Russia, Turkey, Qatar, Thailand, South Korea and Mexico. Each chapter focuses on a single country, discussing the organization of its retail industry, analyzing consumer behavior, and presenting strategies for effectively entering its market. This new edition includes fully updated data, statistics and economic perspectives on each of the countries covered. Readers will emerge armed with a deeper understanding of the political, economic, and cultural factors driving each market—an understanding essential for building and maintaining a competitive edge in today’s global retail environment.
New to this Edition
· Two new chapters on South Korea and Qatar investigate the current marketplace opportunities and challenges
· Increased coverage of the legislative landscapes and long-term economic outlooks for each country
· Updated and new chapter case studies analyze the expansion strategies of international retailers
· New Chapter Summaries and Critical Thinking Questions offer additional learning tools
· Includes 60% new photos and current maps to bring the chapters to life
· Expanded contributor biographies highlight the expertise of each scholar
Table of Contents
1. Emerging Markets
3. South Korea
11. Future of Emerging Markets
About The Authors
Jaya Halepete Iyer is a retail professional with more than 15 years of experience in the global fashion industry. She was previously Assistant Professor at Marymount University, USA, where she taught a Fashion in the Global Marketplace course.
Shubhapriya Bennur is Assistant Professor in the Textiles Merchandising & Fashion Design Department at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA.
- Page count:
- Fairchild Books
- 6 x 9 "
- 100 bw illus