Apparel Quality Lab Manual
This student lab manual reinforces the chapter content and lecture material from Apparel Quality, but may also be used as a standalone product in conjunction with another apparel quality textbook. With more than 30 hands-on lab activities and projects to enhance learning, the lab manual offers a greater understanding of quality issues that arise with apparel production and end use. Designed for courses that emphasize textile testing or offer a laboratory component, Apparel Quality Lab Manual includes supply lists; extensive reference tables; assignments for analyzing products, testing and evaluating materials and garments; project sheets for product comparison testing; worksheets to record data; directions for mounting specimens after testing; and templates for cutting specimens.
Students will be actively engaged in their learning and participate in determining the quality level of apparel products, allowing them to simulate how apparel products are analyzed in the industry.
Table of contents
- Front matter
- Apparel Quality and Consumer Perceptions Lab pp. 1–22
- Integrating Quality into the Development of Apparel Products Lab pp. 23–38
- Raw Materials and Sewn Products Testing Lab pp. 39–80
- Garment Construction Details Lab pp. 81–102
- Apparel Sizing and Fit Strategies Lab pp. 103–110
- ASTM and ISO Stitch and Seam Classifications Lab pp. 111–120
- Labeling Regulations and Guidelines for Manufacturing Apparel Lab pp. 121–134
- Safety Regulations and Guidelines for Wearing Apparel Lab pp. 135–144
- Measuring Quality Through Raw Materials And Product Testing Lab pp. 145–180
- Quality Assurance along the Supply Chain Lab pp. 181–198
- Glossary pp. 199–224