Designing with Smart Textiles
If you want to understand, and be a part of, the creative revolution in materials design, then Designing with Smart Textiles is the complete toolkit you need to get started.
Beginning by introducing the terminology and key applications, the book goes on to examine the key design processes needed to develop interactive textile design concepts, with detailed projects and examples to help you apply these approaches in your own practice.
Case studies and interviews with innovative designers introduce you to different artistic and technological practices, and demonstrate how world-leading researchers are creating new technologies, yarns, fabrics, and applications. Practitioners share unique insights into their processes, and "Tech Tips" so you can build on their research in your own work.
Table of contents
- How to use this book pp. 6–7
- What are smart textiles? pp. 8–37
- The smart textile product: design processes pp. 38–67
- Design with smart textiles pp. 68–143
- Designing your own smart textile pp. 144–199
- Developing your practice pp. 200–229
- Back matter