Digital Pattern Cutting for Fashion with Lectra Modaris®
From 2D Pattern Modification to 3D Prototyping
Design your own original 2D patterns and use 3D prototyping to test your designs, achieve the perfect fit and make quick alterations. Pattern Cutting For Fashion with Lectra Modaris® will guide you from the basics of pattern modification through to 3D realisation, alteration and visual effects, as well as the completion of a finished production pattern. By viewing your garment in a virtual environment first, you will also be able to make design, colour, print and fabric decisions prior to toile making.
Workshops include: A basic t-shirt; Dart modification; Darts into seams; Darts into flare; Button wrap and facings; A basic jean; Pleats in a skirt/trouser with pocket; A shirt with two piece collar/yoke; Modelling on the half scale stand and converting pattern to full scale.
Table of contents
- Front matter
- How It Works pp. 1–9
- What Is Digitizing? pp. 10–19
- Getting Started pp. 20–49
- Moving On – Industrialization pp. 50–70
- Introduction And Preparation For 3D pp. 71–90
- 3D Virtual Prototype pp. 91–121
- Confidence Building Workshops pp. 122–179
- 3D Advanced pp. 180–215
- Advanced Workshops pp. 216–287
- Quick Reference Guide pp. 288–297