Ethics in the Fashion Industry
Learn how to make ethical decisions on a daily basis.
Industry professionals share with you the dilemmas they've faced in their careers around issues like factory conditions, fair wages, fast fashions, designer knock-offs, shoplifting, and controversial advertising, to help you do the right thing. The book covers corporate social responsibility, social media, social compliance audits, diversity, and human rights, among many other topics. Case Studies, Profiles, and other box features highlight current events and notable industry professionals.
Table of contents
- Preface pp. xiii–xvi
- Ethics in Everyday Life pp. 1–23
- Positioning Fashion Companies to Meet Today’s Consumer Demands pp. 24–42
- Corporate Culture pp. 43–65
- Management, Supervision, and Workplace Issues pp. 66–87
- Processes and Pitfalls in Fashion Design and Product Development pp. 88–118
- Manufacturing and Sourcing Fashion Products in a Global Industry pp. 119–143
- Advertising and Promotion pp. 144–163
- Selling pp. 164–182
- Back matter