Fashion and Textile Design with Photoshop and Illustrator
Professional Creative Practice
Fashion and Textile Design with Photoshop and Illustrator is a step-by-step guide to two essential tools for textile and fashion designers. Adobe Photoshop ® and Illustrator ® have eclipsed many specialist textile and fashion systems due to their intuitive design, versatile function, and constant evolution.
Designer and educator Robert Hume guides you from novice to expert through eighteen carefully crafted projects. You'll start by mastering layers and custom brushes, and learning about stripes and weaves, before moving on to repeats and colorways, and simple geometry, and finally learning key layout and presentation techniques in both programs. There's also advice on sharing, communication and output, and help with diagnosing and correcting common problems. Files for many of the projects are available from www.bloomsbury.com/hume-textile-design.
In addition, seven case studies showcase the work and creative thinking of innovative professional designers. These designers reflect on the appeal of Illustrator and Photoshop and offer insight and inspiration to help you develop your own fun and inventive designs.
Table of contents
- How to Use This Book pp. 6–9
- Part 1: Level One
- [Part 2: Level Two : Introductory Text] pp. 62–63
- Project Six—Photoshop pp. 64–77
- Project Seven— Color Theory in Practice pp. 78–87
- Project Eight—Photoshop pp. 88–99
- Project Nine—Illustrator pp. 100–113
- Project Ten—Simple Geometry in Illustrator pp. 114–123
- Project Eleven—Repeat Patterns in Illustrator pp. 124–135
- Project Twelve—Illustrator pp. 136–153
- Part 3: Level Three
Sharing, Communication, and Output
- [Part 4: Sharing, Communication, and Output : Introductory Text] pp. 236–237
- Sharing, Communication and Output pp. 238–247
- Back matter