The Fashion Show
History, theory and practice
The Fashion Show is a fundamental element of the fashion industry; fashion is instant language, and the catwalk its voice.
The Fashion Show looks at the historical, aesthetic, commercial and social evolution of the catwalk show and examines its interwoven contemporary roles. With fascinating examples and practical exercises, this is the comprehensive guide to the catwalk.
The book is organised into six chapters, the first three focusing on the historical and theoretical contexts of fashion shows. The last three chapters focus on practical elements, offering real-world guidance on producing a fashion show.
Table of contents
- Introduction pp. 6–7
- The evolution of the fashion show pp. 8–43
- Contemporary contexts of the fashion show pp. 44–81
- Marketing and communications pp. 82–113
- Creating a spectacle: Planning a fashion show pp. 114–159
- Show day pp. 160–187
- After the show pp. 188–203
- Back matter