Zero Waste Fashion Design
Timo Rissanen and Holly McQuillan (eds)
Zero Waste Fashion Design combines research and practice to introduce a crucial sustainable fashion design approach.
Written by two industry leading pioneers, Timo Rissanen and Holly McQuillan, the book offers flexible strategies and easy-to-master zero waste techniques to help you develop your own cutting edge fashion designs.
Sample flat patterns and more than 20 exercises will reinforce your understanding of the zero waste fashion design process. Beautifully illustrated interviews with high-profile, innovative designers, including Winifred Aldrich, Rickard Lindqvist and Yeohlee Teng, show the stunning garments produced by zero waste fashion design.
Table of contents
- Preface p. 7
- Zero waste fashion design from history to now pp. 8–41
- Pattern cutting as a fashion design tool pp. 42–83
- Zero waste fashion design: the basics pp. 84–127
- Zero waste fashion design and CAD pp. 128–149
- Manufacturing zero waste garments pp. 150–175
- Zero waste fashion design pp. 176–209
- Back matter