Search: leslie davis burns
Published: JAN 10, 2019
"This is a primer for future fashion game changers." Kelly Cobb, University of Delaware, US
Learn how to be sustainable and work for social change in the fashion industry. The book explains concepts, applications, legal and regulatory issues, and tools available to professionals throughout the fashion industry. Call to Action Activities, case studies, Conversations with industry professionals, and Company Highlights in every chapter will help you practice sustainability in your career. Some of the featured companies include ABL Denim, Eileen Fisher, Patagonia, Alabama Chanin, Everlane, thredUP, Krochet Kids intl, Loomstate, and Conscious Step. Industry professionals interviewed include Treana Peake, Caryn Franklin, Annie Gullingsrud, Katherine Soucie, and Elizabeth Shorrock, among others. Online STUDIO resources include case studies, self-quizzes, and glossary flashcards.
PLEASE NOTE: Purchasing or renting this ISBN does not include access to the STUDIO resources that accompany this text. To receive free access to the STUDIO content with new copies of this book, please refer to the book + STUDIO access card bundle ISBN 9781501334214.
|eBook + Studio||9781501334207|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Designing, Manufacturing, and Marketing
Published: SEP 08, 2016
Revised to keep up with the quickly evolving landscape of the fashion industry, the fifth edition of this authoritative text offers updated information on the design, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of fashion products within a global context. Research-based content provides insight on the organization and operation of textiles, apparel, accessories, and home fashion companies, as well as the effect of technological, organizational, and global changes on every area of the business. Updated discussions of technologies, corporate social responsibility, and sustainable practices are incorporated throughout the text.
New to this Edition
- Features a new Chapter 2 Global Fashion Supply/Value Chain and expanded section on global sourcing in Chapter 11 Sourcing Decisions and Production Centers
- New chapter case studies give students a chance to think critically and apply the chapter concepts
- Integrates corporate responsibility and sustainability throughout this edition
- Highlights the roles of emerging technologies from 3D technologies in fashion design to omnichannel technologies in fashion retail
The Business of Fashion STUDIO
- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
- Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions
- Instructor's Guide with projects, case studies, and test questions connected to the knowledge and skill guidelines in the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) standards.
- PowerPoint presentations to frame lectures.
This bundle includes The Business of Fashion, 5th Edition and The Business of Fashion STUDIO Access Card.
|Paperback + Studio||9781501315282|
|eBook + Studio||9781501315275|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|