Search: richard clodfelter
From Basics to Fashion
Published: MAR 08, 2018
"The best retail buying book available. It combines concepts with actual calculations … this provides students with a better understanding of the topics." - Katherine Annette Burnsed, University of South Carolina, USA
With crucial math concepts integrated throughout the text, this guides you through typical buying tasks, from identifying potential customers, to creating a six-month merchandising plan, to developing sales forecasts. It’s fully updated with new examples and trends from global retailing and designed for courses on retail buying in general and fashion merchandising in particular.
New to this edition:
- New coverage of omni-channel retailing, social media, online and mobile technologies
- 25% new examples (trends and international examples) in the Snapshots and Trendwatches feature within each chapter
- More on analysing and interpreting data, with new practice problems
- Even more STUDIO student online resources, including self-quiz questions, video tutorials and quizzes, downloadable Excel spreadsheets, and worksheets featuring step-by-step solutions to common problems
- More support for instructors, too, including an Instructor’s Guide, Testbank, Powerpoint presentations, and Learning with STUDIO resources.
For free access to the STUDIO content please refer to the book and STUDIO access bundle, ISBN 9781501334276.
|eBook + Studio||9781501334269|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Using the Computer as a Tool
Published: JUL 18, 2008
This text is designed for use in a buying course with a heavy math emphasis. The book first presents merchandising concepts in a simple, understandable way and shows students how they can use computerized spreadsheets to perform related merchandising math operations. Activities then ask the student to apply what they've learned by solving merchandising problems using spreadsheets that are included on the enclosed CD-Rom. Students will learn how the computer can help minimize the time it takes to perform repetitive calculations. By constructing and using spreadsheets for each mathematical operation, they will develop a better understanding of the merchandising concepts they're studying. This manual is designed to accompany the text Retail Buying, also by Richard Clodfelter.New to this Edition -- New and revised mathematical assignments -- Blank assignment forms included on the CD-Rom -- Increased coordination with companion text Retail Buying: From Basics to FashionCD-ROM Features-- Microsoft Excel® spreadsheets containing formulas -- PC and Mac compatible -- Instructor's Guide includes teaching suggestions, goals, & lecture outlines