Search: sheryl a. farnan
Published: FEB 22, 2018
For fashion students who want to be both in the now and in the know!
The Dynamics of Fashion, Fifth Edition, has the latest facts and figures, and the most current theories in fashion development, production, and merchandising giving you the foundation you need in the industry. It offers hundreds of real-life examples of leading brands and industry trends, to show you fashion careers and how to apply what you learn. The book also covers sustainable fashion, wearable technology, social media, and more in detail. An online STUDIO includes self-quizzes, flashcards, and links to videos.
New to this Edition
~ Expanded coverage of the latest industry trends, including sustainable fashion, e-commerce, globalization, wearable technology, and the use of social media for fashion marketing
~ Revised ‘For Review’ and ‘For Discussion’ questions, new terms added to Trade Talk, and expanded Glossary
~ More than 150 new full-color photographs highlighting the people, principles, and practices of the fashion business
~ 25% new Fashion Focus and Then and Now features bring in current topics and industry trends
The Dynamics of Fashion, 5th Edition STUDIO
~ Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
~ Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions and image identification
~ Branch out with links to curated online multi-media resources that bring chapter concepts to life
~ Expand your knowledge by further exploring special features Then and Now and Fashion Focus
This bundle includes The Dynamics of Fashion, 5th Edition and The Dynamics of Fashion STUDIO Access Card.
|Paperback + Studio||9781501324079|
|eBook + Studio||9781501324062|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Published: SEP 08, 2016
This third edition of the best-selling In Fashion offers a concise and colorful overview of the key components of fashion—from its history, movements, and trends—to the materials, producers, and retailers that impact the business on a global level. Fashion students will gain a foundation and language for understanding how the current fashion industry works and explore an array of exciting career opportunities.
New to This Edition
- Includes over 250 color images of current designers, fashion collections, retailers, and more
- Covers digital and social media (Parts 1 and 4), updated textile trends and innovations (Chapter 5), and current omni-channel practices in retailing (Chapter 11)
- Emphasizes global aspects of the fashion industry, changing demographics, and the effects of economics and politics on consumer choices
- Spotlight on Careers profiles the education, background, and career paths of noted fashion industry professionals
- Spotlight on Innovators highlights groundbreaking designers and brands—past and present—such as Iris van Herpen and Donna Karan
- Spotlight on Business explores key concepts, trends, and exemplary brands in a rapidly changing industry
In Fashion STUDIO
- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
- Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions
- Watch videos that bring chapter topics and career opportunities to life
- Enhance your knowledge with chapter exercises
- Instructor's Guide including tips for integrating the STUDIO into a course, sample syllabi, teaching methodology, and grading resources.
- Updated Test Bank includes 50% new questions and updates throughout.
- PowerPoint presentations provide a framework for lectures and include color images from the book.
- First Day of Class: Learning with STUDIO PowerPoint presentation
This bundle includes In Fashion 3rd Edition and In Fashion STUDIO Access Card.
|Paperback + Studio||9781501315152|
|eBook + Studio||9781501315145|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|