Search: sheryl a. farnan
Published: FEB 22, 2018
Fashion today is fast-paced, technologically savvy, and global—and this fifth edition of The Dynamics of Fashionhas been updated to be on the cutting edge. Featuring the latest facts and figures, and the most current theories in fashion development, production, and merchandising, this book provides a broad foundation for students hoping to become a part of the industry. Sustainable fashion, wearable technology, social media, and more are explored in detail. Detailed career opportunities offer insights into future fashion careers and real-world application. Filled with hundreds of real-life examples of leading brands and key industry trends, this text is for those in fashion who want to be both in the now and in the know.
New to this Edition
~ Revised by Robin Sackin, Fashion Business Management Chair at FIT in NYC, one of the top fashion programs in the world
~ Expanded coverage of sustainability and technology in every chapter
~ More focus on careers at each level of the industry including typical salaries, skills needed and insights from professionals
~ Expanded coverage of cutting-edge careers in technology and social media
~ More than 100 new full-color photographs highlighting the people, principles, and practices of the fashion business
~ 25% new Fashion Focus and Then and Now features bring in current topics and industry trends
The Dynamics of Fashion, 5th Edition STUDIO
~ Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
~ Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions and image identification
~ Branch out with links to curated online multi-media resources that bring chapter concepts to life
~ Expand your knowledge by further exploring special features Then and Now and Fashion Focus
~ Learn fashion design basics with a new silhouette and style guide
This bundle includes The Dynamics of Fashion, 5th Edition and The Dynamics of Fashion STUDIO Access Card.
|Paperback + Studio||9781501324079|
|eBook + Studio||9781501324062|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Published: SEP 08, 2016
This third edition of the best-selling In Fashion offers a concise and colorful overview of the key components of fashion—from its history, movements, and trends—to the materials, producers, and retailers that impact the business on a global level. Fashion students will gain a foundation and language for understanding how the current fashion industry works and explore an array of exciting career opportunities.
New to This Edition
- Includes over 250 color images of current designers, fashion collections, retailers, and more
- Covers digital and social media (Parts 1 and 4), updated textile trends and innovations (Chapter 5), and current omni-channel practices in retailing (Chapter 11)
- Emphasizes global aspects of the fashion industry, changing demographics, and the effects of economics and politics on consumer choices
- Spotlight on Careers profiles the education, background, and career paths of noted fashion industry professionals
- Spotlight on Innovators highlights groundbreaking designers and brands—past and present—such as Iris van Herpen and Donna Karan
- Spotlight on Business explores key concepts, trends, and exemplary brands in a rapidly changing industry
In Fashion STUDIO
- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
- Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions
- Watch videos that bring chapter topics and career opportunities to life
- Enhance your knowledge with chapter exercises
- Instructor's Guide including tips for integrating the STUDIO into a course, sample syllabi, teaching methodology, and grading resources.
- Updated Test Bank includes 50% new questions and updates throughout.
- PowerPoint presentations provide a framework for lectures and include color images from the book.
- First Day of Class: Learning with STUDIO PowerPoint presentation
This bundle includes In Fashion 3rd Edition and In Fashion STUDIO Access Card.
|Paperback + Studio||9781501315152|
|eBook + Studio||9781501315145|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|