PAPERBACK + STUDIO
- MAR 10, 2016
|eBook + Studio||9781501314704|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Please note that exam/inspection copies and instructor resources are only available to instructors and faculty staff at recognized institutions.
Guide to Fashion Career Planning: Job Search, Résumés, and Strategies for Success, 2nd Edition, helps both students and individuals interested in entering the fashion industry prepare for successful careers – from self-assessment and goal setting to landing the first job. This book presents a seamless and comprehensive approach to everything needed for professional and career development, including résumé writing, interviewing, job search strategies, internships, and portfolios for fashion design, merchandising or retail careers. Chapter 3 offers a unique discussion on the various social media platforms and evaluates how they can be used to enhance (or devalue) the personal brand. Both practical and empowering, Guide to Fashion Career Planning gives readers the tools they need to embark on a career in fashion.
· Details career paths in the fashion industry with examples of specific positions
· Discusses preparing cover letters, résumés, a professional presentation through social media, and portfolios in web-based and physical format
· Covers how to build a professional network and work with mentors
· Explains how to conduct a job search, interview effectively, and gain work experience
· Offers advice on professional ethics, personal branding, and how to transition from one job position to another to advance in a career
Guide to Fashion Career Planning STUDIO--an online tool for more effective study!
· Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
· Review concepts with flashcards of essential vocabulary
· Watch videos that bring chapter concepts to life
· Download templates for résumés, cover letters and professional documents that are critical for entering the workforce
· Review samples of good and poor quality resumes and portfolios
· Complete personal assessment exercises to identify your strengths and interests
· Access links to online job resources and tools
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the Industry
2. Preparing to Work in the Fashion Industry
3. Identifying and Branding Your Professional Profile
4. Developing Your Professional Portfolio
5. The Job Search and Networking
6. Resumes and Cover Letters
8. Work Experiences and Internships
9. Professional Ethics
10. Transitioning from College to Career
About The Authors
V. Ann Paulins is Senior Associate Dean of Research and Graduate Studies at Ohio University, USA.
Julie Hillery is Chair and Instructor at The University of New Mexico, USA.
- Paperback + Studio
- Fairchild Books
- 50 bw illus