PAPERBACK + STUDIO
- SEP 06, 2018
|eBook + Studio||9781501335242|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Please note that exam/inspection copies and instructor resources are only available to instructors and faculty staff at recognized institutions.
The definitive source for anyone interested in fashion show production.
Guide to Producing a Fashion Show, Fourth Edition, explains all aspects of fashion show production, including reasons to produce a show, planning, model selection, merchandise selection, staging and music, budgeting, show preparation, execution, and evaluation. The fourth edition has behind-the-scenes examples, best practices and innovative approaches in fashion show production—from promotion using social media to selecting music and models. Whether you are experienced or a novice, this text shows you step-by-step how to plan, organize, promote, and execute an exciting fashion show.
New to this Edition
- Includes examples from couture and ready-to-wear shows, as well as innovative approaches including non-traditional fashion shows and fashion presentations
- New information on careers in the fashion industry that are related to fashion show production, like styling, public relations, and event management
- Includes 25% new art
- Discussions of diversity and current trends in the fashion industry
- More coverage and examples from menswear and global fashion capitals
Guide to Producing a Fashion Show STUDIO
- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
- Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions
- Watch videos that bring chapter topics and concepts to life
- Access downloadable files for sample forms and templates for a Capstone project planning a student fashion show
This bundle includes Guide to Producing a Fashion Show, 4th edition and Guide to Producing a Fashion Show STUDIO Access Card.
Table of Contents
How to Use the STUDIO
List of Forms in the STUDIO
1. The Fashion Dolls, Supermodels, and Celebrities
2. The Background
3. The Plan
4. The Message
5. The Workroom and Runway
6. The Catwalk
7. The Framework and Sound Check
8. The Show
About The Authors
Judith C. Everett is Emeritus Professor of Merchandising in the School of Communication at Northern Arizona University, US.
Kristen K. Swanson is a Professor of Merchandising in the School of Communication at Northern Arizona University, US.
José Blanco F. is an Associate Professor in the Department of Apparel Merchandising and Design at Dominican University, US.
- Paperback + Studio
- Fairchild Books
- 127 bw illus