PAPERBACK + STUDIO
- SEP 08, 2016
|eBook + Studio||9781501315145|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Please note that exam/inspection copies and instructor resources are only available to instructors and faculty staff at recognized institutions.
This third edition of the best-selling In Fashion offers a concise and colorful overview of the key components of fashion—from its history, movements, and trends—to the materials, producers, and retailers that impact the business on a global level. Fashion students will gain a foundation and language for understanding how the current fashion industry works and explore an array of exciting career opportunities.
New to This Edition
- Includes over 250 color images of current designers, fashion collections, retailers, and more
- Covers digital and social media (Parts 1 and 4), updated textile trends and innovations (Chapter 5), and current omni-channel practices in retailing (Chapter 11)
- Emphasizes global aspects of the fashion industry, changing demographics, and the effects of economics and politics on consumer choices
- Spotlight on Careers profiles the education, background, and career paths of noted fashion industry professionals
- Spotlight on Innovators highlights groundbreaking designers and brands—past and present—such as Iris van Herpen and Donna Karan
- Spotlight on Business explores key concepts, trends, and exemplary brands in a rapidly changing industry
In Fashion STUDIO
- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
- Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions
- Watch videos that bring chapter topics and career opportunities to life
- Enhance your knowledge with chapter exercises
- Instructor's Guide including tips for integrating the STUDIO into a course, sample syllabi, teaching methodology, and grading resources.
- Updated Test Bank includes 50% new questions and updates throughout.
- PowerPoint presentations provide a framework for lectures and include color images from the book.
- First Day of Class: Learning with STUDIO PowerPoint presentation
This bundle includes In Fashion 3rd Edition and In Fashion STUDIO Access Card.
Table of Contents
Part I. The Changing World of Fashion
1. The Nature of Fashion
2. The Environment of Fashion
3. The Movement of Fashion
4. The Business of Fashion
Part II. The Primary Level–The Materials of Fashion
5. Textiles: Fibers and Fabrics
6. Leather and Fur
Part III. The Secondary Level–The Producers of Fashion
7. Product Development
8. Fashion Apparel: Women’s, Men’s, Children’s, and Teen’s
Part IV. The Retail Level–The Markets for Fashion
10. Global Sourcing and Merchandising
11. Fashion Retailing
12. So You Want to Be in Fashion?: Fashion Auxiliary Services
Top 100 Fashion Influencers
About The Authors
Elaine Stone was Professor Emerita, Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), USA, where she taught for more than 25 years.
Sheryl A. Farnan is Professor at Metropolitan Community College, USA, where she teaches merchandising, business and marketing courses.
- Paperback + Studio
- Fairchild Books
- 250 color illus