PAPERBACK + STUDIO
- SEP 08, 2016
|eBook + Studio||9781501315145|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Please note that exam/inspection copies and instructor resources are only available to instructors and faculty staff at recognized institutions.
"It is the perfect text for those exploring their interest in the fashion industry." Leslie Bush, Phoenix College, USA
"In Fashion is a concisely written text that provides an overview of the key components of our industry along with the relationship to the environmental marketplace. I consider it the best text for our community college students." Marilyn Sullivan, El Centro College, USA
Learn about how the fashion industry works to find a career that you'll love.
You'll learn about how and why fashion evolves and changes, the materials used and who creates them, the companies who make apparel, and how fashion marketing helps companies sell their products. Spotlight features focus on careers, innovators, and business, profiling people like patternmaker Judi Dawainis, innovations like color forecasting, and business technology like social media. A Top 100 Fashion Influencers section gives you a quick list of who's who in fashion history, while a glossary and key terms throughout make sure you know what you're talking about.
-Includes more than 250 color images of designers, fashion collections, retailers, and more
-Covers textile trends and innovations as well as omni-channel retail practices
In Fashion STUDIO
- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips
- Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions
- Watch videos that bring chapter topics and career opportunities to life
- Enhance your knowledge with chapter exercises
- Instructor's Guide including tips for integrating the STUDIO into a course, sample syllabi, teaching methodology, and grading resources.
- Updated Test Bank includes 50% new questions and updates throughout.
- PowerPoint presentations provide a framework for lectures and include color images from the book.
- First Day of Class: Learning with STUDIO PowerPoint presentation
PLEASE NOTE: Purchasing or renting this ISBN does not include access to the STUDIO resources that accompany this text. To receive free access to the STUDIO content with new copies of this book, please refer to the book + STUDIO access card bundle ISBN 9781501315152. STUDIO Instant Access can also be purchased or rented separately on BloomsburyFashionCentral.com.
Table of Contents
Part I. The Changing World of Fashion
1. The Nature of Fashion
2. The Environment of Fashion
3. The Movement of Fashion
4. The Business of Fashion
Part II. The Primary Level–The Materials of Fashion
5. Textiles: Fibers and Fabrics
6. Leather and Fur
Part III. The Secondary Level–The Producers of Fashion
7. Product Development
8. Fashion Apparel: Women’s, Men’s, Children’s, and Teen’s
Part IV. The Retail Level–The Markets for Fashion
10. Global Sourcing and Merchandising
11. Fashion Retailing
12. So You Want to Be in Fashion?: Fashion Auxiliary Services
Top 100 Fashion Influencers
About The Authors
Elaine Stone was Professor Emerita, Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), USA, where she taught for more than 25 years.
Sheryl A. Farnan is Professor at Metropolitan Community College, USA, where she teaches merchandising, business and marketing courses.
- Paperback + Studio
- Fairchild Books
- 250 color illus