What's in the book
The BookThis clear and concise book focuses on the interrelationship of textile components to help students understand and predict textile properties and performance. Intended for undergraduate programs of colleges and universities that focus on fashion merchandising, fashion design, and interior design, Textiles: Concepts and Principles provides a thorough introduction to the fundamentals of textiles.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Textiles
2. Fibers and their Properties
3. Natural Fibers
4. Production of Manufactured Fibers
5. Manufactured Cellulosic Fibers
6. Synthetic and Special Application Fibers
7. Yarn Formation
8. Woven Fabrics and their Properties
9. Knit Fabrics and their Properties
10. Nonwoven and Other Methods of Fabric Construction
11. Dyeing and Printing
13. Textiles and the Ecosystem
About The AuthorsVirginia Hencken Elsasser is based at Centenary College .
- Page count:
- Fairchild Books
- 7.25 x 9.25 "
- 8pp full colour illus, perforated