THE ART OF FASHION DRAPING
PAPERBACK + STUDIO
- FEB 08, 2018
|eBook + Studio||9781501330285|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Please note that exam/inspection copies and instructor resources are only available to instructors and faculty staff at recognized institutions.
Written for fashion design, apparel, and patternmaking students and professionals, this step-by-step guide to draping fabric on a dress form teaches skills and techniques needed to develop creative patterns. The Art of Fashion Draping, 5th Edition, is organized from basic to advanced projects and includes a wide variety of styles--from the basic bodice to bias-cut gowns. More than 1400 two-color illustrations reflect current designs and visually spell out every step of the draping process.
- Step-by-step draping instructions and clear line drawings highlighting each draping step
- Checklists to evaluate and analyze designs
- Cross-referencing of techniques across chapters
New to This Edition
- Online STUDIO includes 20 video tutorials explaining key draping skills and techniques
- New user-friendly lay-flat binding makes the book easier to use while draping garments
- Added intermediate and advanced design variations that integrate contemporary designs with time-tested classics such as a new off-shoulder sleeve design and peplum design
- Now includes metric measurements within the chapter instructions
- Enhanced chapters include: Additional explanation on how to finish off flounce edges, added waistband sections at the end of the skirt and pants chapters and illustrating practice items end of each chapter.
This bundle includes The Art of Fashion Draping, 5th Edition and The Art of Fashion Draping STUDIO Access Card.
- Paperback + Studio
- Fairchild Books