From runway shots to street-style images, the Fashion Photography Archive showcases forty years of contemporary fashion history and is available for institutional purchase via subscription or perpetual access. Images are copyright-cleared for educational purposes and corporate licensing options are also available.
“A subscription to the archive includes access to much more than just the images, even though these in of themselves are an incredibly rich resource”
Emma Davenport, Worn Through blog
“Bloomsbury’s FPA is ... being billed as a ‘treasure trove’ for students, designers and fashion historians.”
Esra Gurkan for MailOnline
The creators of the award-winning Berg Fashion Library present Fashion Photography Archive: an online resource containing more than 750,000 newly-digitzed and high-quality runway, backstage, and street style images* – curated by Editor-in-Chief Valerie Steele, Director of the Museum at FIT in New York.
The largest collection of fashion photographs for use by students and educators, the archive includes images of:
- International runway shows from the 1970s until the early 2000s, from over 400 designers
- Key collections from McQueen, Gaultier, Westwood, Chalayan, Galliano, and more
- Rare backstage and front row shots from fashion shows of the past forty years
- Street-style images from global fashion cities
The Archive’s fine-tuned index and interactive timeline allow students to compare and trace trends, designers, and seasons.
Want to know more about the Fashion Photography Archive?
* Around 300,000 images will be available by the end of the first year of launch, with further collections – of 50,000 images – being released in phases 3 times a year thereafter
Corsets: From McQueen to Mugler
Sequins and Sparkle from Versace to Valentino
Fashion@20: Fall/Winter 1996