- Design and Making
Careers and Portfolios
- Designers (1)
- Consumers and Consumption (2)
- Fashion Media (1)
- Manufacture and Production (1)
- Marketing, Advertising and Promotion (1)
- Merchandising and Retailing (1)
- Careers and Portfolios (1)
- Organizations and Design Houses
- Textiles, Materials and Colors
Results: Text (2) Images (0)
Source: Fashion Merchandising, 2012, Fairchild Books Library
Different retailers will either elect to buy branded products or develop own-label products; the larger retailers tend to have a mixture of the two. It is important to distinguish between these strategies for the purposes of range planning, which we discuss in more detail later in the chapter.
Source: Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion. West Europe, 2010, Berg Fashion Library
North America’s effect on West European fashion is often viewed only in relation to Hollywood and celebrity. However, its influence has been far more diverse, from technological inventions to leisure wear and the professionalization of the industry.