- FEB 22, 2018
|eBook + Studio||9781501328343|
|Companion Study Tools||ISBN|
Paperback coming soon ($95.00)
Please note that exam/inspection copies and instructor resources are only available to instructors and faculty staff at recognized institutions.
What's in the book
Fashion Forward demystifies the exciting career of a fashion forecaster and fosters skills that will benefit any design professional. The book begins with an overview of fashion forecasting theories and concepts and then leads readers through a step-by-step guide to creating and presenting a forecast. The authors reveal the inner workings of global fashion forecasting through real-world examples and interviews with both influential forecasters and the designers who rely upon them. Fashion Forward enables readers to start spotting tomorrow’s trends today and compellingly communicate them—both visually and verbally—to inspire fashion innovators.
New to this Edition
- Current images and examples. Updated fashion photos to include current and trending images, professional presentations and forecast examples, plus new interviews and quotes.
- Covers the latest methods and technology. New coverage of social media, technology and data analytics practices in fashion forecasting.
- Enhanced global perspective. New content addressed the global apparel industry, emphasizes international forecasting firms, includes interviews with global forecaster and trend specialists, and more diverse images and examples throughout the book.
- Practical career information and hands-on application. Updated and expanded career opportunities sections and enhanced activities provide real-world simulations and insights.
- New online STUDIO resources offer students self-study quizzes, flashcards, additional projects and online resources.
PLEASE NOTE: Purchasing or renting this ISBN does not include access to the STUDIO resources that accompany this text. To receive free access to the STUDIO content with new copies of this book, please refer to the book + STUDIO access card bundle ISBN 9781501328350.
Table of Contents
About the Forecasters
Part I. The Principles of Fashion Forecasting
1. Introduction to Fashion Forecasting
2. Brief History of Contemporary Fashion
3. Fashion Movement
4. Social and Cultural Influences
5. Market and Sales Research for Forecasting
Part II. Developing and Presenting a Fashion Forecast
8. Textiles, Trims, Findings, and Materials
9. The Look
10. Creating and Presenting a Forecast
Appendix Assignment: Develop a Fashion Forecast
About The Authors
Chelsea Rousso is Professor in Fashion Merchandising and Design at the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, US, focusing on fashion forecasting, design and textiles. She was a creative force in the New York fashion industry for over 20 years specializing in designing dresses and ladies sportswear.
Nancy Kaplan Ostroff is Associate Professor and Assistant Chairperson in the Fashion Business Management program at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), US, and recipient of the 2011 SUNY Chancellor’s award for Excellence in Teaching. A former childrenswear executive, she is the creator and instructor of Fashion Forecasting for Merchandisers and The Business of Licensing courses.
- Page count:
- Fairchild Books
- 8 x 10 "
- 190 color illus