Experience the evolution of today’s most iconic designers. Curated by Editor-in-Chief Valerie Steele, Director of the Museum at FIT in New York, this resource showcases more than 775,000 newly-digitized and high-quality images that feature forty years of contemporary fashion history along with a timeline, lesson plans, and videos to create a rich educational resource.
- Images - With more than 775,000 high-quality runway, backstage, and street style images, the Fashion Photography Archive advances knowledge of recent fashion history and gives inspiration for fashion design students
- Designer Biographies - More than 100 biographies are available for all Bloomsbury Fashion Central users and provide the perfect starting point for any fashion topic
- Fashion Articles - The last 30 years of fashion history are diverse and fascinating. These articles cover a range of topics, and they give detailed overviews of the fashion cities, catwalk shows, textiles, and beyond
- Videos - Editor-in-Chief Valerie Steele interviews Niall McInerney, the photographer of the Fashion Photography Archive, in a series of short videos which cover a range of different topics
- Designers in Focus - Take an in-depth look at top international designers including Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen, John Galliano, Issey Miyake and Yohji Yamamoto. Explore the wealth of images available in the Archive and learn about their influences, most important collections and iconic garments from the accompanying academic articles
- Timeline of international fashion shows, in conjunction with the Bloomsbury Fashion Video Archive