Will URLs from the old site redirect to pages on the new site?
In order to support customers who have bookmarked the current URLs, for example in library catalogue systems or in reading lists, as well as search engines and discovery and indexing databases, we will set up URL redirects.
This will mean that links to content pages (e.g. to articles, books, cases, and images) and also links to Research and Learning resources will be redirected to the corresponding page on the new Bloomsbury Fashion Central site.
Please note the redirects will live in our platforms indefinitely. DOIs will continue to point to the new platform too. This means that if you are using our MARC records (which include DOI URLs), you need not be concerned about the URLs. If you are using your own MARC records or are bookmarking pages using the OLD platform URLs, you are covered by the redirects.
What will happen to my personal account?
If you are an instructor, librarian or student with an existing personal account:
You will need to set up a personal account on the new Bloomsbury Fashion Central site, this is a simple process that can be done quickly and easily. We will share information on how to do this in advance of the platform migration date.
Bookmarks saved to personal accounts will not be retained, so prior to migration you should save links to your favourite pages within your own browser, so you do not lose them.
What will happen to my Bloomsbury Fashion Business Cases instructor account?
If you are an instructor who has access to extended teaching notes on Bloomsbury Fashion Business Cases account:
We will be in touch with guidance regarding the creation of your new instructor account, which will be on bloomsbury.com. You will then be able to continue with your previous access and begin using the enhanced features of the new platform.
What will happen to my Fairchild Books Store account?
After the migration, you will need to use fairchildbooks.com as the primary URL for logging in to your account for the Fairchild Books Store, as it will not be part of the migration of Bloomsbury Fashion Central to its new platform.You will be able to continue accessing all of the Fairchild Books Store content using your existing account but if you also access any other resource within Bloomsbury Fashion Central, you will need to create a personal or instructor account separately on the new platform.
How will personal accounts work on the new site?
On the new site your Personal Account enables you to:
- Save books, chapters, articles, cases, images or other items to view later
- Organise your saved items into folders
- Email and export citations
- Save searches and receive search alerts
On the new site the My Content area contains:
- My Saved Items: this is where you can save (bookmark) items on the new platform: you can create your own folders and organise your saved items. This will be empty until you start saving items on the new platform; you can save links to books, chapters, articles, cases, videos, images.
- My Saved Searches: this is where all the searches that you have saved on the new platform appear. This is a new feature, which was not available on the old site, so nothing will be saved here until you start saving Searches on the new platform. You will also be able to turn email alerts on and off for saved searches here. When turned on, you will receive an email whenever new relevant content for that search is added.
- My Clips: this is new functionality on the new platform and enables you to save video clips to your personal account. Again, this is a new feature, which was not available on the old site. Nothing will be saved here until you start saving your own video clips.
On the new site the My Profile area is where you can:
- Edit your name and email address
- Change your password
- Opt in to receive information about Bloomsbury Fashion Central and related Bloomsbury products
How will the new personal account features compare with those on the current site?
Here is a quick reference chart of personal account functionality showing the differences between the old and new Bloomsbury Fashion Central sites:
|Current Bloomsbury Fashion Central site ||New Bloomsbury Fashion Central site |
| Sign in to your personal account > My Account ||Sign in to your personal account > My Profile > Edit profile |
| Sign in to your personal account > My Bookmarks ||Sign in to your personal account > My Content > My Saved Items |
| My Course Materials ||These will still be available to view and access via www.fairchildbooks.com |
| N/A on the current site || Sign in to your personal account > My Content > My Saved Searches |
| N/A, currently exists on Bloomsbury Fashion Video Archive only ||Sign in to your personal account > My Content > My Clips |
If you have any questions about the new site, please get in touch with your local representative:
UK and Rest of World: OnlineSalesUK@Bloomsbury.com
Australia and New Zealand: OnlineSalesANZ@Bloomsbury.com