About Bloomsbury Fashion Central
Research and Learning Tools
How to Use
Awards and Reviews
Featured Content: We’re talking about...
"Improvise. Become more creative. Not because you have to, but because you want to. Evolution is the secret for the next step." – Karl Lagerfeld
Celebrate the life of Karl Lagerfeld on Bloomsbury Fashion Central.
THE RED CARPET
Throughout history, a red carpet has ceremoniously been tied with formal events and celebrations, as the luxury marks the route guests will take. The Red Carpet today has become synonymous with celebrities and award shows. While the awards take place inside, much of the excitement comes from the Red Carpet, where celebrities flaunt designer outfits and journalists discuss the details of each ensemble. Red Carpet fashion has become just as important as the awards themselves.
Explore our featured content on the impact and importance of fashion on the Red Carpet this Awards season.
Celebrity Culture and Fashion’s Front Row
- Film Stars as Fashion Icons (Book chapter)
- Fashion Icon: Marilyn Monroe (Article)
- "Safety-Pin Dress", Versace Haute Couture, Spring/Summer 1994 (Article)
- Visual Media and Dress (Encyclopedia article)
- Giorgio Armani and the Red Carpet (Business case)
- Media and PR (Textbook chapter)
- The Celebrity Role: From Royalty to the Rap Game (Textbook chapter)
Image: Jean Paul Gaultier, F/W 1997. Photographer: Niall McInerney
Politics and the Red Carpet
- Dressing Out-of-Place: From Ghana to Obama Commemorative Cloth on the US Red Carpet (Book chapter)
- Guerilla Media: Towards a Media Theory of Fashion (Book chapter)
- Cultural Appreciation or Cultural Appropriation (Business case)
Image: Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, S/S 1993. Photographer: Niall McInerney
ABOUT THE HOMEPAGE
CHINA FASHION WEEK
About the image: NE-TIGER Collection show by Chinese designer Zhang Zhifeng on day one of the China Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2019.
Take a closer look at some of our content that focusses on fashion in China:
- "Fashion" in the Chinese Context (Book chapter)
- Creating Fashion on the Runway, Chinese Style (Book chapter)
- The Chinese Fashion Industry (Book)
- Branding Strategies for Gentle Monster (Business case)
- International Strategies for Cosmetics Companies (Business case)